How to hydrate your skin.
Did you know? Keeping your skin hydrated is important for many reasons beyond looking healthy and well-rested. When the skin is properly hydrated it helps to act as a barrier to external environmental stressors.
To keep your skin hydrated, I have some quick tips that really work:
- forget about hot showers and baths. The heat draw out the moisture in your skin. Try lukewarm water instead.
- Invest in a good humidifier, especially with the winter months approaching.
- Steer clear of harsh facial cleansers, and if they contain chemical exfoliants such as alpha-hydroxy, salicylic or gylcolic acid. These are very harsh and can do more harm than good.
- Make sure your daily moisturizer is a gentle, clean lotion. Yes…checking labels is important, and knowing about the ingredients going into your body is key.
- ALWAYS WEAR SUNSCREEN! Not only does the sun dry out your skin, it breaks down the barrier over time and can become dehydrated and susceptible to sun damage. I use it and believe it’s the best skin care out there.
If you would like my recommendations please contact me.